Do you enjoy meeting new people, interacting with a wide variety of people, and serving others? Are you also highly organized, able to coordinate a variety of schedules, and able to communicate effectively with various individuals? If you answered yes, Pine Haven Christian Communities has a wonderful opportunity available as a part-time volunteer coordinator! This position is 40 hours per two-week pay period and is only available because of an internal transfer within our organization.
- Establishes and maintains contact with supporting churches, community groups, schools, and organizations to promote and maintain a positive image of the volunteer programs and the Pine Haven Mission.
- Develops and manages new volunteer roles to support a positive resident experience and serves as a liaison between departments.
- Interviews, selects, and assigns volunteers to appropriate departments to meet the needs of the organization.
- Provides formal orientation programs for volunteers and also schedules and monitors continuing training programs.
- Schedules volunteers based on their abilities and the needs of the organization. Arranges for coverage in the event of an absence.
- Conducts evaluations of volunteers and the tasks the volunteers complete.
- Assists in the planning and implementing of annual recognition programs for the volunteers.
- Handles concerns and questions of volunteers and departments utilizing volunteers. Refers complex questions to the proper manager.
- Markets availability of volunteer services to other departments within the facility as directed.
- Responsible properly maintaining various records and completing reports timely, which may include: volunteer time recording, volunteer files, and administrative reports.
- Ensures volunteer data is current.
- Collaboratively develops and maintains policies specific to the volunteer program. Teams with Human Resources Department to ensure legal compliance, administrator and director of clinical services to ensure regulatory compliance, and department managers to ensure department requirements are met.
- Maintains communication and supports volunteers on a regular basis, including providing feedback to volunteers regarding performance.
- While this is primarily a weekday position, flexibility may be needed to work evening and weekend shifts for community group meetings or special events.
Education and Knowledge Requirements:
- Understand volunteerism and its place in supporting Pine Haven’s mission.
- Previous experience working in a volunteer setting is a plus.
- Experience with recruiting and leading staff or volunteers, including scheduling, preferred.
- High school graduate, bachelor degree in related field is a plus.
- Organization and computer skills are required.
- Familiarity with Pine Haven’s Mission, Vision, and Values is a plus.
- A heart for working with seniors in a long-term care setting required.