Education/Infection Control Coordinator – 72 hours per pay period, exempt status
- Overall responsibility for mandatory and clinical education of all Pine Haven Christian Communities employees, including all shifts and facilities.
- New hire orientation (including developing, distributing & tracking feedback survey)
- Ensure completion of nursing skills observations & check-lists for new employees.
- Observations and re-educating employees as needed with written follow-up given to the individual’s manager.
- Monitor/oversee staff education completion in learning management system. This can include assigning courses and learning plans.
- Create education opportunities – identify needs and communicate with clinical leaders to prioritize and arrange education. This may include developing content and presenting material to employees, particularly clinical or regulatory topics.
- CBRF-required training: schedule, register, communicate & follow-up with manager & employee.
- Teach CBRF first aid & choking class.
- Monitor CPR renewals for required employees (RN, LPN, nursing home bus drivers).
- Teach CPR classes.
- Coordinate training and on-going education for Mentor Program.
- Coordinate Virtual Dementia Tour with assistance from team members.
- Attend Quality Assurance Committee Meetings, review QA reports for areas of improvement and education needed.
- Attend staff meetings, as needed, to provide education related to clinical or regulatory needs.
- Provide documentation to HR for employees’ education records.
- Infection Control, including surveillance, education, and reports.
- Monitor & follow-up on employee health-related requirements and vaccinations.
- TB skin tests for new employees and annual monitoring for current employees
- Hepatitis B vaccine
- Flu Shots for employees
- Organize flu shot clinics for employees.
- Possess a valid Registered Nurse license in the State of Wisconsin.
- Minimum three years experience working as a RN in a health-care facility, preferably with an aging services provider.
- Have an understanding of and experience with various teaching methods and learning styles.
- Have a passion for education and sharing knowledge with others.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact well with a wide variety of people.
- Understand, embrace and support Pine Haven’s Mission, Vision and Values.