Dining Services Manager
Pine Haven Christian Communities has an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join our Dining Services team! We are seeking someone with the passion, motivation and experience to strengthen our Dining Services team and enhance the dining experience for our residents using a person-centered approach.
The dining services manager will have overall responsibility for quality of the resident dining experience, including food and service. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality, nutritious meals that meet resident needs and regulatory requirements.
- Coaching and training employees to ensure service is provided in a manner supporting Pine Haven’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ensuring consistent product quality and accurate portion sizes including the development of cycle menus to meet regulatory requirements for residents.
- Implementing systems and controls to achieve financial performance as established by the departmental business plan and is aware of and addresses any changes in the financial climate that may affect the budget. Controls food, labor, and nonfood costs.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating department goals and objectives.
- Remaining current with dining trends and being a visionary for improving the dining experience for our residents.
- Ensuring proper staffing levels for department. Making hiring and employee coaching/corrective action decisions with the input of the certified dietary manager (CDM) and chef.
- Leading, coaching, evaluating all department employees; input will be provided by CDM and chef for food production and dining room staff.
- Developing and maintaining productive and positive relationships with all members of the continuum of care interdisciplinary and leadership teams.
- Managing food supplies and kitchen equipment, food production, and routing to households maintaining nutrition and sanitation aspects of food services.
- Ensuring that all services and programs are in compliance with federal, state and/or local regulations, laws and statues.
- Ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment complying with regulatory guidelines.
The successful candidate will understand, embrace and support Pine Haven Christian Communities’ mission, vision and values. Keys to success in this role include: a degree in culinary arts, certified dietary manager, and/or dietetic technician registered; prior supervisory experience; prior experience in health care with a focus on person-centered care strongly desired. The individual will have strong leadership and communication skills (especially listening) with the ability to interact well with a wide variety of people at all levels of the organization, including residents and families. Creativity and flexibility are important. Serv Safe certification or willingness to obtain required; knowledge of aging services regulations a plus.