Assisted Living Manager
As the result of a promotion, Pine Haven Christian Communities has a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about leading a team to provide high quality, Christ-centered care in an assisted living environment. This full-time position is available at our Giddings Avenue Campus in Sheboygan Falls, serving 137 residents.
- Provide direct oversight of one of Pine Haven Christian Communities’ assisted living environments.
- Lead and manage staff within assisted living program:
- Work closely with Human Resources on recruiting efforts to attract quality employees.
- Consult with Human Resources to engage and retain employees.
- Responsible for coaching for performance improvement, addressing concerns through corrective action when necessary.
- Provide feedback and annual performance reviews to employees.
- Work with Scheduling Department to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Introduce potential residents and families to Pine Haven Christian Communities, our households, services we provide through tours, providing information and answering questions.
- Guide residents and families through the decision to select PHCC and the moving process.
- Investigate, document and follow-up on resident right concerns, including lost items.
- Responsible for overall care needs of residents:
- Assist and support residents and families with the social and emotional aspects of transitioning to assisted living.
- Complete non-clinical aspects of Individual Service Plan (ISP) and ensure completion of clinical aspect of ISP.
- Facilitate resident and family meetings, including ISP meetings.
- Complete or delegate, as appropriate, and review care of residents:
- Consult with clinical care coordinator regarding assessment and appropriate placement based on clinical, cognitive and psycho-social needs of residents.
- Complete admission paperwork.
- Ensure creation and maintenance of ISP, including changes.
- Communicate with families regarding concerns of residents.
- Participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Strengthen existing and develop new services/programs within assisted living community.
- Develop and manage department budget with support of and consultation with chief financial officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, health care administration or nursing; or comparable relevant experience.
- Prior experience in a supervision or management role preferred.
- Prior experience in aging services required; preferably in an assisted living environment.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork are critical.
- Understanding of, appreciation and support for Pine Haven’s Mission, Vision and Values.