As a result of our growth and increased focus on our short-term rehabilitation program, Pine Haven Christian Communities has an exciting opportunity for someone with strong communication skills and detail-orientation to join our team as an admissions coordinator. The admissions coordinator plays an important role in ensuring a positive experience for individuals moving into Pine Haven Christian Communities’ skilled nursing households for either short-term rehab or long-term care. This position is considered full-time and eligible for full-time benefits at 32 hours per week.
- Responds within appropriate timeframe to phone, fax, email and walk-in inquiries and referrals.
- Meets with resident prior to admission at home or at the hospital to share information about PHCC, assess resident needs, and gather information regarding payer source to verify benefits.
- Communicates with nursing home interdisciplinary team to assess inquiries when necessary and respond to referrals within one hour whenever possible. Consultation may include working with DON when clinically complex or clinical concerns exist or working with CFO regarding financial concerns.
- Conducts tours with individuals, families and representatives of referral sources and shares information about admission criteria.
- Gathers information from potential resident or family to obtain necessary personal and financial information to determine benefits and admission eligibility.
- Follows-up with individuals who have inquired about services and not made a decision.
- Communicates with referral source regarding decision to accept/decline admission.
- Provides necessary insurance and billing information to Business Office for benefits check and billing purposes.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion, signing and distribution of paperwork.
- Obtains necessary paperwork for admission, including but not limited to, POA documents, DNR status, insurance cards, orders and prescriptions as well as needed equipment.
- Completes insurance verifications and pre-authorizations on a timely and accurate basis.
- Arranges transportation to Pine Haven, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate staff to ensure consistent, effective moves into Pine Haven Christian Communities (PHCC).
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with potential referral sources, including physicians, social workers, discharge planners, hospital administrators.
- Remains current on services available throughout PHCC to be able to serve as a liaison between the organization and referral sources.
- Tracks information regarding inquiries and results and keeps Internal Referral Management (IRM) accurate for daily use.
- Assists administrator and director of nursing in managing payer mix.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of medical, social and financial information related to Skilled Nursing Facility services.
- Make follow-up phone calls to former short-term residents who have returned home, unless the resident lives at PHCC.
- Participates in on-call rotation, as scheduled, for after hours and weekend admissions.
- Associate or bachelors degree in health care related area, such as: health care administration, social services, nursing or therapy.
- Prior experience in aging services or similar healthcare setting.
- Understanding of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Federal and state regulations related to payer source eligibility requirements and reimbursement.
- Understanding of various payer types, including: Medicare, Medicare replacement plans, Medicaid and commercial insurance products.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships with a wide variety of people and create a warm, friendly environment for residents and families.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and accurate with strong follow-through skills.
- Effective time-management skills in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Maintain confidentiality of personal, financial and medical information.
- Possess valid driver license and have access to a reliable vehicle with legally required insurance coverage.