Join the organization that has received The Sheboygan Press Readers' Choice Award for Best Nursing Home and Best Assisted Living for six consecutive years!
Pine Haven Christian Communities has a wonderful opportunity for a full-time administrator to
oversee the operations of our skilled nursing and assisted living communities.
Reporting to our chief operating officer, the administrator is responsible for insuring high quality resident care consistent with standards of professional practice, aging services provider rules and regulations, and
accreditation requirements. The administrator is part of our team-oriented structure with each person contributing their unique professional knowledge and skills to support the success of the organization and ensure resident needs are met through a wide range of services. The administrator assists the Leadership and Manager Teams in supporting the Mission, Vision, Values and strategic plan of Pine Haven Christian Communities.
- Overall responsibility for the operation of Pine Haven Christian Communities’ skilled nursing and assisted living communities and associated nursing, life enrichment, regulatory/clinical education and infection control. In collaboration with direct reports, establishes goals and priorities which support the goals, priorities and strategic plan of the organization. Works with the team to accomplish identified goals in a high quality, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the quality of services provided at Pine Haven Christian Communities (PHCC) as measured by Wisconsin Department of Health Services survey, resident satisfaction surveys and other quality indicators.
- Develops and coordinates organization-wide quality improvement program where resident care processes are monitored, resident outcomes are evaluated and concerns are effectively communicated through an interdisciplinary team approach.
- Fosters an environment focused on improving resident care and developing innovative services.
- Serves as chairperson of the Quality Assurance Committee. Acts as a liaison to and participates on the Quality & Program Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Maintains and updates operating policies and procedures to comply with standards of professional practice, rules and regulations, and accreditation standards. Communicates and ensures appropriate education related to policies and changes.
- Coordinates the Wisconsin Department of Health Services survey process and surveys required by other government entities or providers. Assists managers in obtaining and maintaining compliance with state and federal rules and regulations and other accreditation requirements. Collaborates with managers to develop and implement Plan of Correction as needed.
- Provides leadership and support for direct reports, including providing feedback and performance evaluation.
- Acts as educational resource and is available for consultation to managers or staff as requested.
- Reviews complex clinical admissions with director of nursing or assisted living manager to determine clinical and staffing needs.
- Consults with the director of nursing, admissions coordinator and assisted living managers to meet census projections and review pre-admission case-mix projection and associated revenue with related treatment expenses.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with area medical providers (doctors, hospitals, etc.).
- Collaborates with chief operating officer to negotiate contracts for services associated with delivery of care to residents including pharmacy, laboratory, rehabilitation, diagnostic x-ray, psychological, oxygen, hospice and temporary nursing services. Ensures contracts are in compliance with regulations and other legal requirements.
- Collaborates with chief financial officer to develop and implement the annual operating and capital budgets for all areas of responsibility.
- Assists chief operating officer and compliance officer to monitor compliance programs related to fraud, abuse and HIPAA.
- Partners with chief operating officer and maintenance manager to maintain and update, as needed, a safety, fire and disaster program.
- Appoints an authorized representative to serve as administrator during absences.
- Reviews all resident incident and accident reports and ensure appropriate follow-up as needed.
- Assumes on-call responsibilities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of, appreciation and support for Pine Haven’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Current Wisconsin Nursing Home Administrator license.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, health care administration, human services, social work, business or other related field.
- Prior experience as a nursing home administrator required, preferably 3-5 years.
- Strong communication skills and teamwork are critical.